Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Sending Pics by MMS on a OnePlus 6

Dark_Turban
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi:

So I have a OnePlus 6 which is a great phone and works fine on Fido's network, save one thing - I can't send phone pics via MMS.

Chatted with Fido and they reset me on the network. Checked my APN settings (https://www.fido.ca/consumer/content/configure-unlocked-device-guide) and reset them and then did a soft reboot on the phone. Still no luck, has anyone had this issue and found the solve?

Thanks,

MB

24 REPLIES 24

Deangus
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Played with it some more.  Can confirm that Donfano's method listed above (changing the mms ip to a name) worked.  Many thanks @donfano .

Dark_Turban

Thanks for sharing.

That is where I have an issue different from yours. My phone doesn't have the option to add new ('+' button not present) or edit existing (all fields greyed out).

Glad you found a real solve. Hope I can eventually find one too!

donfano
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Your workaround works for me! 👍

Dark_Turban

Good question, hopefully someone else weighs in because I don't know. I have tried the settings above with individual recipients but not in a group messages, will have to test that next. What surprises me in the APN settings is that I can't edit them on my 6, even when I try to input a new APN - I can only pick from the Fido presets, otherwise this phone has worked flawlessly on the network.