cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to buy a phone, website wouldn't let me, then they changed the price

Cm2017
I'm a contributor level 2

Earlier today, when I looked at the Fido website while not being logged in, a certified pre-owned iphone 12 mini was being offered at $6.75/month over 24 months.  It didn't say anything about the deal only being for new users.

I tried to buy the phone, the website made me either sign up as a new user and select a plan, or to login.

When I logged in to the website, the price changed to $20.99/month.

When I logged back out, the price went back to $6.75, but I couldn't access it while logged in.

An hour later, the price changed to $20.99, and that's where it's at now.

That's kind of cheezy, the website wasted an hour of my time.  I took a screenshot, is there any way to get Fido to honour this advertised deal?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Cm2017,

I do remember seeing that deal but can't recall where I saw the advertisement and the details as I'm not an iPhone fan I don't pay attention to those.

It is possible the deal is over and your browser was displaying the cache results and after your browser updated it display the price you now see.

Cm2017

I'm not having much luck with Fido's website today.  I just tried to reply to this post and I got an error, lost what I had written:

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  •  
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 37FF74E2.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Anyways, thanks for the reply,

I made sure to clear my history and cache, and reloaded the page, and the deal was there live on the website for a good hour from the time I first saw it.

I just couldn't access it as a current customer, before it disappeared. 🤔

@Cm2017 it's funny because the same thing happened to me when I try to first respond to this post. From past experience with Fido's website, you have to clear it multiple times before it updates. 

You can always contact customer service and see if they have any promotions they can offer you.