Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling to Colombia

laurenthnicolas
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I'm going to be traveling in Colombia for 3 months. I currently use a Fido Pulse phone plan in Montreal.

I am planning on buying a local SIM card and phone minutes once I am there, but I'd like to have the possibility to use my Fido phone when I land and in case of emergency. What do you suggest? Many thanks,

Laurent

1 REPLY 1

FidoKenny

Hello @laurenthnicolas 

It's a great thing that you are planning your trip ahead. I can also understand why you would still need to use your Fido sim card in case of an emergency. The good news is that we do offer roaming in Colombia.

For a daily fee, in tons of destinations, Fido Roam allows you to use the data, talk time and texts from your monthly plan while abroad. The 24h period starts when you first use your phone that day. For example, if you use your phone for the first time at 10am EST, usage is covered for 24h from that point on (so until 10am EST the next day).

For Colombia, it would be $12 per day for a maximum of 15 days ($180) per billing cycle.

For more pricing details, you can visit our page here

We also have a Community blog that lets you know about Fido Roam here.

As for my suggestion, I would invite you to use your Fido phone abroad since you would only be charged on the days you use it and it helps you stay connected with your contacts here in Canada.

I hope this helps.