cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my $100/year plan to my wife

esfandiyar2002
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,as it says above,I want to transfer my Fido $100/year plan to my wife's plan who is already on the monthly Fido plan now.She then can terminate her prepaid monthly plan and stick to mine.

I am leaving Fido to other providers,but I want to know how it can be possible to do so.I'm not asking for just simply putting my Fido sim card in her cellphone!I'm looking for Fido solution.I have read about transferring the plans,but I don't know how..Is there any way to do so?

***Edited to add labels***

8 REPLIES 8

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

You can transfer your number to your wife, and you plan will come with the number. 

You can not transfer only the plan without transfering your number. 

esfandiyar2002

Thank you.For doing so,should I,with my wife,go to one of of the Fido kiosks in person or there is another way(Phoning,internet,...)?

Hey Esfantiyar2002, 

to transfer the line to someone else, we'll need to write in your account that you're giving permission to this new person to take over your line. Once that's done, this new person can then contact us to take over the line. 

She'll need to obtain a new SIM card though, since the same SIM card can't be activated on two different accounts.

You can both complete this transfer together call center by dialing *611 from her Fido phone or by dialing 1-888-481-3436. 

You can reach out to us through Facebook or Twitter by sending us a private message to give the permission; your wife can also reach us this way to complete the transfer on her end 😃

I hope this information helped.

esfandiyar2002

Thank you for the informative reply.My wife's concern is that after doing this transferring,her previous number would be saved or it will be completely erased?Her concern is because she gave her cellphone number almost to every governmental/organizational offices for necessary calls.

Hi esfandiyar2002! 

To answer your question, your number would not replace hers. She would have 2 numbers.

I also wanted to clarify, does your wife have a prepaid account, or a postpaid account?

If she has a prepaid account and wants to take over your number too, a second account would be opened under her name and your number would be transferred there (along with your plan). The reason being that a prepaid account can't have more than 1 number. That said, she'd have 2 accounts. As mentioned by AdamBeast, it would not be possible for you to just transfer your plan to her number.

If she has a postpaid account, she'd need to consent to a credit check to add an additional line to the account. If it goes through, your number would be transferred to her account, but she wouldn't be able to keep your plan since the $100 yearly plan is not available to postpaid accounts.

Hope this helps! Smiley

esfandiyar2002

Thank you so much.I believe this is what I should know to do the tranferring.

Glad to be of help esfandiyar2002! Smiley

We call this a transfer of responsibility, as I know you can do it by calling 611, I am not sure whether all stores can do this service, you many ask a moderater whether it is possible to do it from twitter/ facebook.