cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring from a Telus account

TC52
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I'm transferring my phone from Telus to Fido. I've just received my Fido SIM card and need to activate it. The online service via my Mobile Dashboard\Upgrade SIM Card will not recognize the Telus 19 digit SIM number (imprinted on their card) - it seems to want a 20 digit number. I've tried using a preceeding "0" but no joy. None of the online Fido support documents seem to cover what to do. Any ideas, please? And Thanks, in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello TC52,

Welcome to the community!

The SIM card you received should already be activated with your account services. The Update SIM card option you note would only be for updating one Fido SIM to another Fido SIM. That's why it is not working with the Telus SIM card. If you would like to use your phone number from Telus, you would need to contact customer service and have them request to port-over your number from Telus. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

If you choose to port your phone number from Telus, the phone number currently associated with your account and SIM card will be temporary until the porting process completes. It would be important that you do not cancel your services with Telus as the process requires an active line (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers