cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering Number to another fido account

Ruvinson
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My mom was paying my phone bill for a while and I decided that i wanted to start playing for it, so I called in and did a transfer or responsibilty and they informed me of the $50 fee, which is outrageous but I was fine with that. What they didn't tell me is that they were cancelling the contract of the phone. So now on my moms fido account the remaining balance of my phone is showing for the next bill payment. I wanted to continue paying for the phone with the plan on a seperate fido account and now I have to pay the whole phone off?? In no part of the phone conversation with the fido tech did he tell me I had to pay for the rest of the phone when I transfered my number. I would not have done it, If I had be informed before hand. Is there anyway I can fix this and continue paying the plan + phone monthly like it was before just on a new account?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ruvinson,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you weren't aware of how a transfer of responsibility affects a financed device. I understand the customer service representative didn't mention the remaining balance needed to be paid, however, had you specifically asked what would happen with your device with the transfer? Fido's information page regarding the Payment Program clearly states what would happen:

Payment Program.jpg

~taken from here.

I understand wanting to start paying for your services and device.  There was another option, though. You could have paid your portion of the bill while still under your mother's account. If you asked about paying for your own line (and device), customer service might have provided that option. However, if you specifically requested the transfer of responsibility, it's not unreasonable for customer service to assume you understood what that fully entailed.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to continue financing that device under your new account. If you would like to discuss any possible options going forward, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers