cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking an order

Jessi04
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I have upgraded my phone 6 days ago and still did not recieve any email. Not even a confirmation email for my purchase. 

Is that normal? 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

LongProng
I'm a participant level 3

I'm afraid it is very normal.  I upgraded my phone in mid-March, did not get any confirmation, then got my phone in mid-May.  Returned it the next day.  Got confirmation for the return on May 31.  Still don't have credit for the phone.  Try calling them on the weekend.  Their website states open on weekends from 9am to 5pm.  It's 10am right now and their outgoing messages they they're closed and open at 9am on weekends.  Very careless and unorganized.  The only advice I can give you is to return the phone before it gets worse for you.  Fido is NOT a company you want to deal with.  Any company that can't take the time to let their customers know when they are open, does not really care about customers.

Hey @LongProng @Jessi04 , I understand that ordering a new device is pretty exciting as well as nerve-wracking waiting for it. I believe that when ordering a device the process in confirming orders was changed a while back. There were some people who had personal information compromised through either email hack or a nefarious app they may have been tricked by. I believe that it takes a few days to confirm identity and then you will be sent an email from fido about the order. Then next you will see the charges, etc. Fido in fact, is not being careless, it's the opposite. They are being careful about protecting your account and also themselves from fraudulent orders that hurt everyone. If you want to double check your order, then please give a call from your device to *611 and ask for verification and status. Hope that helps. Cheers 

LongProng

Yeah, sorry, there are not many excuses to how they operate.  You can't trust anyone who can't tell their customers their actual operating hours.