A few years ago I was a Fido customer, but I switched to Freedom. then I switched back to Fido recently because their Winback team gave me an "amazing" offer. Now it has been 5 months that I joined but I have not received the 300$ credit yet! I chatted with their online support like 20 times but they are not able to fix this simple issue.
I am thinking that they are not honouring what they offered me initially! This is because:
1) In my earlier chats (first 10 times) with their customer service, they were telling me that they put a call back request for their winback team to call me (in the next 48 hours) and resolve the issue, but they never called! They just didn't listen to me and kept telling me the same story after 48 hours that I was wondering why they didn't call: winback team has to fix the issue.
2) Then one agent did something else. They connected me to the "technical support". Then they told me that they can apply the offer directly! But it takes 2 billing cycles! Since then, everytime I chat with the support, they keep telling me that you will see the discount in your next bill. This happened for 2 other additional billing cycles. Now I chatted again and the agent told me the same new story!
3) More importantly, the winback team initially changed the offer several times and argued that it is the same offer but with different payment configurations. They changed the offer two times and everytime they were like: "it is basically the same, but instead of this you will get that". But when I calculate, I could prove to the agent that they are changing the offer in a way that they could ditch some of the discounts. Finally, I told them, based on my calculations, that your new offer now would only makes sense and it is equal to what you told me previously if it comes with the 300$ credit. They confirmed, but based on my first experience mentioned above, they were probably like: "Ok, but we won't see each other again!"
1) If you receive any kind of offer from Fido, do not buy it at the beginning. Redo the calculations for yourself. Everytime they change the offer payments and say something like "it is basically the same but instead of that you will get this", do not accept it until you are 100% sure that you will receive the same amount. Be very careful about the discounts, make sure that you understand everything correctly.
2) I believe the support wants you to forget about everything. That is why they keep telling me that "winback will call you back" or "the discount will be applied in the next 2 bills". They postpone the process with the hope that you forget to follow up. This easily happens especially when you create an auto payment. Create reminders for the next billing cycle to check everything again and follow up the process.
3) Always chat with the agents to print out your chat transcript for your reference. I could follow up the process just saying to the new agent that they can review my previous chats. I can say that since their "technical support" confirmed my discount and I have my chats in my email, they have to resolve it someday!