cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text To Home Phone charge

qvtt
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I am a happy Fido customer with 3 cell lines. I have been pleased with Fido service until I saw a charge of 0.25c for Texting To Home Phone. It was simply a mistake on my part to text to a landline instead of a cell line, but this kind of mistake is very common especially when you pull a contact with more than one numbers from your contact list and chose the wrong number, and I am sure that this is likely to happen to anyone. Texting to a landline triggers some sort of service that result in a 0.25c charge. I strongly think that there should be a warning message when such attempt is made instead of "secretly" charging me 0.25c.

I have contacted Fido and got the 0.25c credit, but this is not a question of getting the money back or not, it is a matter of PRINCIPLE. This kind of mistake does happen often to anyone and Fido makes money out of it, not very ETHICAL.

22 REPLIES 22

Steelrodz
I'm a participant level 1

I am also quite upset about FIDO automatically enabling this feature on our lines.  When you are a businessman in a hurry and need to text someone, you don't have time to check every # to see if it a cell or land line.  Text-to-landline should be a service that you need to actively enable.  Yes you can remove it and re-enable it by emailing  support@telemessage.com indicating that you wish to block all Text to Home messages from your Fido phone number, but this is a hasstle that we should not have to endure.  By the way, when I went directly to the Telemessage.com website, the contact us form did not work for me, even after I proved I was not a robot (my wife may say otherwise) so I had to email them through my email service.  All in all an unnecessary hastle, FIDO!

tarajano

Hi to everyone,

Thanks to all for this post. 

I had been also charged in my two lines with this service

and I do not recall receiving any notification.

Thanks and best regards, 

Manuel