cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Customer Service Rep

willBgone
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Just got done speaking with a terrible customer service rep.

I have been a fido ustomer for mobile and internet or yrs. going through a tempory rough patch regarding $$, and askd for a payment schedule. I was tol i have to immediately pay an amount, and 'That is the only option.'

I said i could pay that on thurs when i get paid (Mon night chat). She asked how I'd pay, I said online banking, as it is the only method i have ever used to pay.

She said 'for that day you will have to pay with either visa debit credit card or prepaid card'

I told her I have never used those before.

Her reply was 'Then because it takes 3-5 business days to have the payment posted, the account will not be protected.'

I mentioned how this was a rough patch and i will be able to pay on Thur though online banking. I said I would be moving to another carrier (research shows Bell is better) and that it is rediculous that fido can't manage without my amount for the couple of days it takes or online banking to go through.

She said 'I am sorry that you feel that way.' and 'But at the end it is your decision. You chose what you want to do.'

And ends with a condescending remark ie how can I help you?

Can't wait to get out from this.

'

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @willBgone

Welcome to the community!

That is definitely not the kind of service we'd want to offer our customers and I can assure that we'd be happy to look into it as well and see if we can turn your experience around.

I understand that another issue you've faced is the payment method. We do provide a range of payments methods as shown on this link. Keep in mind though, delays for the payment to be posted will vary accordingly as well.

One that I would suggest in your case, is the Interac Online payment option on Fido.ca.  This allows you to make an immediate payment with your Debit card, as payments done through your bank take 3 to 5 business days to be posted on our end.

Hope this helps, in the meantime I'll be sending you a PM so we can go over the situation together.

Talk to you soon.