Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary suspension of my prepaid account

Vig_us
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

I had to travel Abroad due to an emergency and I'll staying outside for at least two months.

is there any way I can suspend my plan for 2-3 months? 

I'm a loyal fido member and I want to know is there any thing that can be done regarding this? 

thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

FidoKenny

Hello @Vig_us and welcome to the Community.

There is no suspension option for a prepaid account.

The good thing here is that you can simply stop paying for your service for those 2-3 months that you will be away.

Keep in mind that prepaid accounts are automatically cancelled if the line is inactive for more than 365 consecutive days.

So if you come back and pay for your service in less than a year, you have nothing to worry about.

I hope this helps.

Vig_us

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. My bad I wrote prepaid. Actually I am a postpaid customer. I was a postpaid customer before December. On new year I got a good deal with Fido on iPhone XR for two years contract. 

Can you please guide me on this? I will be back in 2-3 months. 

Thanks.

Hello Vig_us,

Welcome to the community!

Thank you for the additional information. If you got your phone in the beginning of the new year, your contract is likely based on a subsidised plan. That is, the monthly costs for the device are incorporated into the plans (ie Large, Medium, etc). If that is the case, I don't think you'll be eligible for a temporary suspension as part of the monthy costs go towards your phone (see here).

On the other hand, if your contract is based on Fido's new Payment Program (see also here), you might be able to get a temporary suspension on your services. However, you would still be required to pay the monthly financing on your phone.

If you're eligible for the temporary suspension, you would need to contact customer service to have it set up. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they will also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Vig_us

Correction: I was a prepaid customer before December. I switched to Fido in June. 

Thanks