cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet Plan for Smartphone

Iiiihuh
I'm a participant level 2

Good day, I just want to ask. I already have an Fido postpaid account and decided to order a tablet plan with a preowned tablet; however, I am not planning to use the tablet plan on a tablet and I want to use it on my other SMARTPHONE. Will Fido block/Cancel my Tablet plan if I will do this?

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Liiihuh,

Welcome to the community!

Unless they have changed their policy, the Tablet plans were meant for Tablets only and blocked usage by smartphones (see here).

As far as I am aware, Fido has transitioned customers who were ineligible for the Tablet plan to alternative plans (see here). That said, you do have a post-paid plan so your Tablet plan would not likely transition to a different one. However, if you cancelled your post-paid plan, you would likely be transitioned from your Tablet plan.

The Tablet plans used to allow voice and messaging on a pay-per-use basis. However, they no longer support either voice or messaging. You should note that the plans do technically include unlimited incoming SMS to prevent incoming SMS from being charged. However, it appears as though only alert SMS (ie data overage notification) will work. Regular text messages will not be received (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Iiiihuh

Hi, according to Fido representative I can remove the sim card and use it on my Smartphone. I also attached a screenshot of a portion of our conversation.

Hello again,

I can't speak to whether any policy changes were made. I can only reference what has happened in the past. In addition, do the new Tablet plans still include 4GB? As far as I can tell, the plan only includes 2GB. Perhaps @FidoSolutions could verify whether or not the Tablet plans can be used on smartphones please?

**edit** You might consider editing or deleting your screen capture image as it contains your personal information. This is a public forum and posting such information might not be appropriate.**

Cheers

Iiiihuh

I am not aware that my personal info was there. Thanks, I just deleted the screenshot. Yeah, when you added a Tablet plan there is an option to choose either 2GB for $10 or 4GB for $15 before checkout and I chose the 4GB plan.

I will keep an update after I received my Tablet and Tablet plan and use it on my other smartphone. Thanks