cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching plans from Blackberry to Android

Owen5
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Right now I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 something phone, and am looking at buying an unlocked Nexus 4 from google. Right now I have a $25 unlimited texting plan along with a $15 Blackberry Social Networking addon, which is somehow adding up to $50+ / month which I'm not so sure about, but that's not what I'm asking about. I'm also on a 3 year contract.

I'm wondering how I will be able to change my plan to the $39 data plan or something similar so I can get rid of the Blackberry Social Networking addon and just get 400MB or so data so I can use it on my Android phone. I'm kind of frusterated that it seems that plans have gotton a lot cheaper and I'm stuck with a $50+ plan that really has less than a $30 plan does.

Simply put, is there a way to change my plan to a data plan while staying in my contract? Thanks

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

credmau5
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

I would highly recommend you ask for the BlackBerry version of the $39 plan. This way your data will be BB-enabled so if you ever want to switch back to an older BlackBerry it will work. If you get the non-BB version of the plan, your data will not work on your BlackBerry.

Cheers.

FidoStephane

Hi there Owen5,

Yes you can change your plan while remaining on contract. Simply give us a call and tell us what plan you want, and we'll activate it for your next cycle.