cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subject: Inquiry regarding past due balance and account cancellation on suspended Fido account

supportingunity
I'm a participant level 2

Dear Fido Support Team,

I am writing to inquire about a past due balance on my Fido account and to request information on account cancellation. In January, I visited Canada with the intention of obtaining a work permit and work s as a 3D junior. However, I needed to return to my country due to my lack of experience, I decided to suspend my account instead of canceling it. I was charged a monthly fee of 7$ for the suspension, which I believed would help me stay motivated to learn and return faster to Canada and work.

Recently, I discovered that my account balance has a past due amount of over 280$ despite the fact ive used services 2 weeks in sum, and never more, because i thought services just stops when its 0 positive balance, like in Europe.  I would like to clarify if this is due to the suspension charges and if there's any possibility to revert these charges. I am planning to return to Canada in the future to work and would like to avoid any issues with debt agencies.

As I am unable to use the service while I am not in Canada, I would like to request account cancellation. However, I am open to discussing a solution to cover the past due balance in a way that is more manageable for me.

Thank you for your assistance, and I look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely, Miike

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Supportingunity,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We do not have access to customers' accounts nor know the details of your situation.

Fido does offer a temporary suspension for a reduced rate on eligible lines. To update, however, you should note that the suspension is now only available for a period of 1 to 6 months. It should also be noted that the monthly fee for the temporary suspension may have increased since that post. After the temporary suspension, your line would resume as normal following the suspension.

@supportingunity wrote:

... i thought services just stops when its 0 positive balance, like in Europe.  ...

Like in Europe, the mobile providers offer both pre-paid and post-paid services. It is unfortunate you were not aware of how post-paid service operate in Canada. Post-paid plans would continue (regardless of whether you actually use the services) until you cancel your services. Simply having a $0 balance does not cancel services. Subsequent monthly fees would add to that balance. Aside: Some mobile providers in Europe also offer similar subscription-style services.

If you wish to discuss the matter, you would need to contact customer service. Since you are overseas, they do offer a number to call from abroad. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

supportingunity

thank you very mutch !