cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still No Credit Cheque

Ray_A
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi, I cancelled my internet account on Jul 12, 2023, and as of Sep 14, 2023 i still didn't receive a cheque for my credit balance. I see many similar messages on this forum and it is disturbing!. Please let me know when you are going to send the cheque.

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_A

Hi Alex, 

Yes, I spoke to a customer service rep via chat. He first said that "I need to apply for a refund if i have a credit balance, and that's company policy". He obviously didn't know what he was talking about. The web site help pages and ASKJACK says that i will get a refund "automatically within 4-6 weeks".  He never acknowledged what he said was wrong but told me that he "made a refund request on my behalf and that i should get a cheque in 4-6 weeks". I told him that "I waited more than enough and don't want to wait anymore." He then told me that "if i gave him my credit card number i would get a credit in 24 hrs". So I did, but here we are after more than 24 hrs (on business days) i've got no credit whatsoever (checked my credit card transactions). What i did get though was a phone call that i missed and then an e-mail that says:

"You recently contacted us requesting a refund. We have attempted to contact you by phone regarding the request but we were unsuccessful.  

We kindly ask you to contact Fido Customer Care at 1-888-481-3436 or via live chat at https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us and reference interaction ID xxxxxxxxxx for more information and alternative options.  

Sincerely, 

Amelia H

Back Office Operations  

Fido

www.fido.ca"

What else is there to discuss, what alternative options? I cancelled my account more than 2 months ago, and want a refund of my credit balance. If this is called good customer service i would hate to see a bad one!!!.

Hey @Ray_A,

Thank you for confirming. Please send us a message on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. We will be happy to take a look at your account. Rest assured we're here to help! :grinning_face:

You can also find alternate ways to contact us here as well: https://www.fido.ca/contact/mobile

We'll be waiting for your message or call!  We hope to speak or chat with you soon. :grinning_face:

Ray_A

That is not true, the help pages say that the refund will be automatic and paid in 4-6 weeks. It doesn't say "can take up to 3 months".  When I contacted a customer rep today he said that "I have to ask for a refund! before a cheque is issued. It's a company policy".  So what is it really? : 

- automatic  in 4 to 6 weeks?
- one has to ask for a refund, it's a company policy?
- Can take up to 3 months?

This is ridiculous, and i think it is an attempt to avoid paying, hoping that one will forget about their credit balance in their busy daily lives.  I sent their internet equipment back promptly when i cancelled my account, and expect the same courtesy from them when it is my credit balance. In fact they should NOW pay me a "late payment fee" like they charge me one when I am one day late on payments.!..

I now decided to cancel my cell phone services too after this incident,  No need to deal with unscrupulous practices of FIDO.

Hi @Ray_A, Alex here! 

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, that's definitely not how we want things to go. You shouldn't have to wait for this long to get your cheque and you certainly shouldn't have to call us and request it in order to get it.

Just to clarify, if there's an amount we owe you on the final invoice, a cheque should normally be mailed to your billing address automatically, the delay for internet accounts is about 6 weeks. 

That being said, were you able to get to a resolution after you spoke with our customer service? We certainly wouldn't want to see you leave because of this so please feel free to get back in touch with us and we'll be happy to help. 

Hello @Ray_A , the refund on your account can take up to 3 months. Your final amount will reflect any charges that hadn't been noted on your account at time of termination. If there are any concerns about the delay, please contact the credit department through one of the option offered Here