cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not authorized for EXT connection

Hi there, I just moved my existing Sim to an unlocked Rogers BlackBerry KEYONE and when I go to an ext area I lose my signal and get a message that my Sim isn't authorized. Any thoughts ?

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Original_Lucy,

If the phone has a separate roaming setting, have you verified whether it's enabled? Additionally, have you tried to manually select the Fido-EXT network? You should be able to connect to either Bell or Telus towers for extended coverage. I don't think Freedom Mobile is a part of the roaming agreements. As such, if your phone tried to connect to their tower, it might tell you that your SIM is not authorised on their network.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

thanks for the reply . I live rural and I have been able to automatically switch between Fido , Rogers and the Fido ext networks seamlessly. I am now using the new device and when I lose Fido signal , I immediately have no service. If I manually try to connect to Rogers or the ext, I get a Sim not authorized or network error. It connects again on a restart. I may need a newer Sim .

Hey Original_Lucy!

Is this only happening when your SIM card is in the BlackBerry KEYONE? Do you have roaming activated in your device's  network settings? 

If you put your SIM card back into your previous device, does the same thing happen?