Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Practices

Funnyboat123
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Fido, 

Just to let you know your security practices are quite awful. After having my account logged into a by a bad actor, I had a phone purchased under my account and no notification of such order. Luckily, fedex emailed me to expect a package for the next day so I began my lengthy investigation of what this package may be as i had not ordered anything. 

After an hour or so going through all of my accounts I saw my fido account had changes made and a new device was showing on my account. 

Called fido, i think they are sorting it out. Called Fedex to return the item to sender and lastly called my bank to block any transactions coming from fido in the future.

Long story short as a consumer I would expect that there are safeguards put in place to protect me from such things occurring. Fido does not offer MFA/2Fa for their web services, there is no risk engine on their web platform to identify suspicious activity. No email confirmation, notification or call of such changes on account are also concerning. 

Due to the lack of security and safeguards in place I am no longer confident in using fido as my service provider and will be making a switch to another provider ASAP. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoKenny

Hello @Funnyboat123

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here. This is definitely not what we want for any of our customers. The security of your information is our priority and works constantly to keep your Fido account secured.

I'm sorry to learn that you are planning to stop your service. We would be happy to go over your options with you and see what happened.

You can contact us whenever you get a chance: https://www.fido.ca/contact