cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam text

Kmwah13
I'm a contributor level 1

I received a text message stating a leak of information has been detected and some users will be vulnerable for a short time. And they are giving me $100 for my inconvenience.. They want me to click on a link to get my information.   I get several of these types of texts every month. 

here is the message 

2D73EB49-537D-451B-93B7-89E971E76301.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

MIZZD
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

You and me both  @Kmwah13.  It gives me  extreme ANXIETY when they go as far and call my phone line asking for me and addressing me by first name like we know each other as friends🙄.

Hey @MIZZD! We're constantly working towards new ways to protect you from SPAM calls and fraudulent text messages. I highly recommend that you follow this link for more information on how to handle such Calls and Text messages.

Hi @Kmwah13,  that's definitely a scam and you can report it by forwarding the text to fido spam at 7726 by text. Thanks for the heads up,  good catch 

Kmwah13

Hi Lucy. I tried to send it to 7726 and it would not take the photo of the text just kept coming back not delivered so I thought I'd post it here in hopes someone would see it.  Thank you for your message though it would have been a lot easier if it worked.  : )

Hello Kmwah13,

Thank you for the head's up on that SPAM message! As mentioned, those types of messages can be forwarded to 7726 (SPAM) for auditing (see here). As you note, the system is not able to handle MMS messages (see here). That's why your image of the message was not delivered. In order to report the messages, you would need to forward the text portion of messages to that short-code.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers