cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam call

Adae
I'm a participant level 1

Has anyone received calls from someone claiming to be fido,  stating that your service is being terminated immediately 

10 REPLIES 10

Yes, I just got one from 778-635-6540.  I did not pick up the phone call and let it go to voice mail...I deleted everything...It is spam......I am in Ontario and this is an AB number...

laluna14
I'm a participant level 2

Yes, I got a call yesterday and today from a 1-888 number saying my Fido service is being terminated immediately. They had an accent and the message was repeated in English and Mandarin.

Hey @laluna14

It's hard to tell without the full context of the call, if calling back was requested, the reason of termination, or if your account isn't suspended due to non-payment.

Would you happen to have the complete number? 

Vin12

I received a call from this number (613) 931-8379 stating this call is from fido and my service will be suspended in two hours and to call back. I know for fact I payed my bill.. just want to know if this is a scam call

Hello Vin12,

Welcome to the community!

While it is possible that Fido may suspend services (see Terms of Service; section 2i), I'm pretty sure they would not do so in such a manner as claimed. In addition, I don't think that number is a Fido number. So I do believe that would be a SCAM call.

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to any account information. If you would like verify that call was a SCAM, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

laluna14

Hi Rania, 

Thanks for your response. Here are the numbers. (855) 958-6919
(855) 363-4533
(888) 814-8197
The caller said they were from Fido and to call back within two hours or my account would be terminated. That was all they said. My account is not suspended. This was definitely a scam call. Thanks!

We can confirm the phone numbers listed above are not listed as a Fido number.

If you still wish for us to take a look at your account we can definitely do so.

There are several ways to reach customer service:

- On the phone (by dialing 611 from your Fido device), you will have a call back option instead of waiting on the line

- Via live chat on Fido.ca

- By writing us a private message on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).

laluna14

I forgot to say when I called the numbers back it says they are not in service. 

cherrypopz

I just got one of those calls. I just hung up

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Adae,

Welcome to the community!

I haven't heard or seen any reports on such calls but can you give us so more information please, what number did the call come from and what was the reason the person said your services will be terminated and is your account currently in good standing?