Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S7 unlocked Sprint phone no mms

alphabeta
I'm a participant level 3

Hello

I have a Samsung S7 unlocked Sprint cell phone on the FIDO network

I can make phone calls and receive text messages.

The data works fine with google, FB, etc..

I have put in the APN's as suggested by the various FIDO  boards 

But I cannot send or receive a MMS.

Please help.

Bob 

12 REPLIES 12

Tysonator12

Was your problem solved? I have the same issue.

Hi @Tysonator12

If you have the right APN settings but are still unable to use the mms feature, I suggest trying your sim card in a different phone. 

Also, were you able to use mms prior to changing your device? 

Tysonator12

I had to add the Fido APN settings + APN type default,mms,supl

Pictures in my message queue loaded immediately. Cross my fingers

🤞

alphabeta

I couldn't get it to work properly. I have bought another phone 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Alphabeta,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, according to the Samsung website, these are the compatible bands/frequencies:

2G GSM: GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
2G CDMA:CDMA800, USPCS1900
3G UMTS: B1(2100), B2(1900), B5(850), B8(900)
3G CDMA: BC0(800), BC1(1900), BC10(800)
4G FDD LTE: B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B8(900), B12(700), B25(1900), B26(800)
4G TDD LTE: B41(2500)

According to those specifications, that version has all of the comapatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'.  With regards to LTE, that phone would only have two compatible bands/frequencies. As you note, the phone does work on the networks. You should note that coverage depends on corresponding bands/frequencies on your surrounding cellular towers as not all towers use all of the bands/frequencies. You can get an idea of your cellular towers here.

Now, when you noted the various Fido boards, were you referring to sources other than this community? Often, the other boards can have inaccurate or outdated information. You can view the APN & MMS settings here. Since the device is LTE-capable, it should be using ltemobile.apn. You would need to ensure the MMS settings are entered for that APN.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

alphabeta

I have entered that exactly as shown.

I get the same results...no mms

Hello again,

Had you restarted the phone with the new APN? Have you verified your data is enabled?

What happens when you try to send a MMS? Do you get an error? Do senders receive errors when trying to send this device MMS?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello again,

Also, have you verified that the APN type in your APN settings includes MMS? That is, does it specify internet + MMS or default,MMS

If those things don't work, it's also possible that the issue relates to Sprint being a CDMA-based network. CDMA devices are notoriously difficult to use on other networks because its software is coded differently (taken from here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

alphabeta

Hello

Yes phone was restarted.

Data is enabled and also tried with wifi off.

When I try sending an mms it just spins but doesn't send the mms

When another phone tries to send a mms to me it says not delivered.

A prior factory reset was also performed.

Just to add sometimes a window pops up and say to activate phone which

doesnt activate but I just swipe it away.

I'm running out of ideas.

Hello again,

@alphabeta wrote:..Just to add sometimes a window pops up and say to activate phone which

doesnt activate but I just swipe it away...

I believe that window has to do with getting activated on the Sprint network. As noted in my previous post, they are CDMA-based. Occasionally, those networks place restrictions their devices even though they might be considered unlocked. At one point, when Verizon still used their CDMA network, devices needed to be activated on their network before being able to be used on other GSM networks. Since they decommissioned their CDMA network, the devices are apparently usable on other GSM networks, but they still provide the message SIM CARD IS NOT FROM VERIZON WIRELESS on the devices (see here).

I'm not sure if activating the device on the Sprint network will solve your MMS issue or if it will remain because the device is still CDMA-based.

Sorry I couldn't provide more assistance, but hope some of this helps 😀

Cheers

alphabeta

Guess what happened

Almost 18 hours later, the  photos that I had sent on the phone finally go to its intended receiver.

But then I tried to send a photo back to the phone in question and it did not go through. I'll 

keep you posted.

This look definetly like a FIDO problem

alphabeta

Thank you for your incite.

I'll further investigate 

Thanks again