Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S5 - Missed Calls but no call log only a text with "who called"

Tenapyt
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

My S5 has been missing calls and not notifying me in my call log. The only way that I know I have missed a call is from the "Who called" text notification that I receive. Has this happened to anyone, and if so, can I reset my phone or do something to stop it? It's happening more often than not now and it's super annoying

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Tenapyt wrote:

Hello,

My S5 has been missing calls and not notifying me in my call log. The only way that I know I have missed a call is from the "Who called" text notification that I receive. Has this happened to anyone, and if so, can I reset my phone or do something to stop it? It's happening more often than not now and it's super annoying

Hello Tenapyt,

Welcome to the forums!

You will get a 'Who called' text notification when someone calls your number but your phone does not have signal (ie phone was turned off or in an elevator etc). Since your phone didn't actually have any signal at the time, your phone is unable to log it as a 'missed call' because it never reached your phone. 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

AdamBeast
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

You can try following steps to see whether it helps: 

1. Dial ##21# to disable any call forwarding. 

2. Go to Settings -> More networks -> Mobile networks -> Network mode -> Select "WCDMA /GSM" instead of "LTE / WCDMA / GSM". 

3. Try to do a factory reset after doing a backup.