Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card won't activate?

mike47
I'm a participant level 3

Hi, 

My wife previously had a fido month to month plan with an iphone 5s. She purchased a new iphone 7 and plan off of fido.ca. Got it today, set it all up with i tunes, plug the new sim card in and it says no service. Tried rebooting and still says no service. Her old phone still is connected to the cellular network. How long does it take for the new SIM to activate?

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

i would goto fido store, get an new sim card, your current one may be damaged or used already.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mike47,

Welcome to the community!

Had your wife activated the new SIM? If not, she can update her SIM via My Account --> Usage & Services --> Mobile (or Phone Number if account has more than one line) --> Update SIM Card.

She'll then have to enter her old SIM card number as well as the new SIM card number. After the update, her old SIM will no longer function.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

mike47

I tried that and an error popped up and told me the SIM card was not connected to her phone number?

Hello again,

Could you please verify that the error stated her old SIM was not connected to her phone number? If this is the case, then it appears the online system might not be functioning properly as you noted her old phone still connected to the network.

You may then have to contact customer service to update her SIM card. Alternatively, you might consider sending a moderator (MOD beside their username) a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll have access to her account information and should be able to update her SIM as well.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

mike47

"Sorry, that is not the SIM number associated to your phone number. Please try again."

Hello again,

Just to double check, if there are more than one line on the account, have you verified that the SIM you're trying to update is for her phone number?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

mike47

Hi,

The new sim came in the box with her new phone. All her account info has been updated to reflect the changes to her new plan. I don't know why her old SIM wouldn't be linked to her account if her new SIM isn't as of yet.