cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

CSS33
I'm a participant level 2

Hi!! I've been on WIFI all this time since I'm away, and just got the bill from Fido charging me $14 daily for roaming!! What else do I need to do besides turning the cellular data off? It's so annoying! Anyone else had this issue? Thanks all!! 

4 REPLIES 4

biggie1

Further to this, if I am travelling with my partner, can one of us pay for daily roaming while the other tethers to that phone to avoid both having to pay roaming charges?

Hello Biggie1,

I replied to your other post.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

CSS33

Hi @Original_Lucy thanks so much!!  My SIM card is now stored in my iPhone case! 

Hi @CSS33 , yikes the charges would be an unpleasant surprise for sure. When I roam, I turn my device to airplane mode and the manually turn on WiFi. I also remove my SIM card as an extra measure. As soon as you turn on your device when roaming, it automatically tries to register on a network and that triggers a roaming activity. You can also set your roaming to off or ask first. If you need help with that, let us know. 

The surest way is remove the SIM card (put it somewhere safe like between your phone and the phone case) and leave Wi-Fi turned on. Hope that resolves the roaming fees for you.