Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in the US

richardutama
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all,

I have a problem using roaming every time I travelled to the US. My phone is LG G5. I turned on the Data roaming button in mobile networks setting, and according to Fido, that should just do it automatically. But I could not get connected to any network, even when I did 'search networks' and 'select automatically' from network operator setting, it still did not work.

After doing further research in this community forum, there was an entry that suggested that I should create a new APN for US setting. Can someone please verify this? I need assistance badly.

Thanks

Richard 

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @richardutama,

Welcome to the community!

You shoudn't have to add the US APN settings to get the phone to work.

It could be that where you are in the US the networks is not compatible or you could have a block on your phone where it will only connect to Fido network and no other network.

You can contact Fido and have then check your account to see if you have any roaming blocks on the account. You can contact them from any of the available methods listed here.

richardutama

Thanks @KAPABLE-K! Yes, that's what happened.Fido put a roaming block when I lost my phone in January, but they never lifted the block when I got a new phone. Now the roaming has been reinstated.