cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in India

animeshpatel
I'm a participant level 2

I want to know how much fido will charge me for receiving text messeges only in india i dont want to use any other services please help me in this or suggest me any other carriers who provide same service for free in India from Canada 

3 REPLIES 3

animeshpatel

if i got call and my network went off then also it will charge?

and i received text thst says it will charge me 14 $per day so what activities will trigger that change please help me urgently otherwise i have to switch off my phone for whole day

Hello Animeshpatel,

Welcome to the community!

That welcome message you received is only to inform you that your phone connected to a foreign network. It does not necessarily mean that you've already incurred that Fido Roam charge. It is usage of your services (ie making or receiving calls, sending messages, or using data) that will trigger the roaming fee (see here). Receiving SMS will not trigger the roaming fee. However, as alluded to above, any data within a MMS (sent or received) will be considered roaming data and will trigger the roaming charge. To prevent accidental download of MMS, you might consider disabling any MMS Auto retrieve settings on your phone. With that setting disabled, you will receive notification of the message (SMS) and be given the option to download the content (MMS). If you do not download the content, there should be no roaming fee charged.

To clarify what was mentioned previously, rejecting calls no longer triggers the roaming charges (see here). 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @animeshpatel,

Receiving an SMS from anywhere will not trigger the Fido Roam charge. Similarly, receiving the text notification of an MMS will also not trigger the Fido Roam daily charge.

However, if you download the associated data within any MMS will trigger the daily Fido Roam charge. You should make sure your phone's data roaming is off.

If you receive a call from anywhere and do not answer and let the phone ring through to voicemail, it will not trigger the Fido Roam charge.

If you receive a call and reject or deny the call, it will trigger the daily Fido Roam charge because you will be forwarding the call to your voicemail from a foreign network.