cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges applied even when no calls/text/data used.

dbangre
I'm a contributor level 1

Hey Fido,

I had to travel outside of Canada and I made sure to disable data and made no phone calls or sent texts. However, I've received a huge bill with $115 added as One time charges. Can you please get this resolved? Like I mentioned, I have not used fido after leaving Canada. I had the sim inserted in the phone to receive OTPs and other incoming messages only.

2 REPLIES 2

FidoSaira

Hello @dbangre,

Welcome to the Community!

Unwanted charges are never fun and we get that! That said, Fido Roam fee is only billed when a usage is made through the Fido sim though. Except incoming SMS, all other usage is billed. I understand your usage may be minimal, but it is not a glitch on Fido's end. To ensure data is not used while roaming, it's important to turn of Data Roaming in your device settings, or app in the background may still run and use data. 

While we understand this is not an ideal situation, these charges are valid. It remains the customer's responsability to take necessary steps so roaming is not billed. 

You're welcome to contact us if you have any other questions about it.

dbangre

I saw my usage histroy and on random days it showing usage of 20-30KB of data. I'm not sure if this is a phone glitch or fido because 30KB of usage isn't practical (a browser refresh would consume more data than this I believe)