cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested to port number from Fido to Fizz and its not working

ER12
I'm a participant level 2

switched from Fizz to Fido, requested to keep my number all along. Did all the steps in order but the number is not being carried over. Spent hours with Fido customer service, saying its Fizz and spent time with Fizz saying its on the Fido front. What are my options? I do need my number, which seems to be unassigned when I call it now. 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @ER12 , sorry there was a disconnect between your two providers in porting your number. To port out of Fizz and into Fido, you would have to contact Fido and open the account and ask them to port your Fizz number over. They will take it from there, (if you call Fizz first, they will just cancel your account and your number will not be available port from them because it won't be your number any longer). Once you have Fido take over porting you from Fizz, you will receive a text confirming that you requested the port and I believe you have about 90 minutes to respond to the text. Once that is done, it should be up and working within a couple of hours.

Hope that sheds some light on the porting process. All I can suggest if you lost your number is see if Fido can retrieve it and assign it back to you. Not sure if they can, but it might be possible. 

best of luck, OL

ER12

i did all that and more in the right order. still not working and Fizz assures me it's all for done properly on their end. is their a technical team at Fido that can investigate this further? I really need my number and this should not be so hard. it's extremely frustrating. as a client I have zero way to advance my case . thank you

Hi again @ER12 , sounds like a communication breakdown somewhere along the line. You will have to call Fido and ask for technical support. Look here for Fido contact methods. As we are a peer support community forum we don't have any access to anyone's account.

I hope you get your number back.