Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rep turned of data while trying to repair voice - now have to wait 5 bus days

fidofrustration
I'm a participant level 2

Fido is the best - not

Recently, my cell service in the house is very weak. i called in to Fido and the rep did something to the phone which was supposed to increase cell service.

Guess what. Data does not work anymore on my phone.

Not only was the weak service not repaired but the rep turned off data. Currently, Fido reps are telling me that it will take 5 days to figure out what happened. 

It seems quite clear, the issue is related to the rep who did something last night (I had data up untill speaking to Fido rep and after hanging up I lost data service). But Fido needs 5 days. Business days that is.

And Fido is also not matching the $55 offer - I live in Quebec. Rogers, Telus and Bell have all matched. 

Why am I staying with Fido?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Hi,

What changes did Fido set on your phone? why don't you just revert those settings back? Did you try another location and check your data/reception?  My impression is that your phone settings have been changed. I don't think Fido can cut your data off from their end.

I don't know Quebec's $55 offer, but here in Ontario, almost all other cell phone companies are planning to increase their prices and lower data/minute offerings by end of July. Currently only Fido (in ontario) retains the $39/600mb offers. You might want to check those plan's details as well. One company's low priced data plan charages $15/250mb for data overage.

fidofrustration

How can I revert back those settings? I did not touch the  phone. The rep did everything - I dont udnerstand why the rep can't 'undo everything'.

Thanks for trying to answer