cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving SMS hours late on S4 (Markham, ON)

aurorelle
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So I opened a brand new phone as a first-time Fido user about a month ago, and up until now I've had no issues sending and receiving text messages. For the past 2 days I've been receiving texts 1-3 hours late, and when I get them they're usually a bunch at the same time, out of order. I noticed that my cell reception strength ranges from 1-2 bars during these past couple days, when it's usually at full bars.. Other people are getting my messages at the correct time but I can't see their responses until hours later, usually in the wrong order. Anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoStephane

Sounds to me like a sporadic reception failure. At the time of delivery, your phone is not connected to our network, and the message is temporarily stored in our system, looping around until your phone is ready to receive it.

This could be due to a SIM issue, or because you are in a low reception area. Do you live or work in a low signal area? (example; concrete building, basement, etc)

If not, you should have very good coverage, and your messages should be delivered on time 99% of the time. Markham is fully covered by our network.

I suggest a hardware isolation test;  Insert your SIM in another phone, and see if the issue persists. If it does; it's the SIM or your location (low reception). If it doesn't; It's the phone.

let us know!