Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Regarding sim

2001harinderpal
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there 

I already have fido postpaid sim but now i want to change it in prepaid sim online so is it possible or not if possible please contact me 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello 2001harinderpal,

Welcome to the community!

It's also possible to migrate from a post-paid to a pre-paid account. Unfortunately, it cannot be done online. As far as I am aware, the migration cannot be done in store either. It can only be done by contacting customer service to have them switch your plan types. (see here). 

You should note there would be a migration fee required which would be applied to your next post-paid bill. 

Have you had a chance to familiarise yourself with Fido's pre-paid services? You should note that Fido no longer has a traditional pay-per-use (ie By the Minute) plan available anymore. You would need to select a monthly pre-paid plan (see here). You should also note that the top-up denominations do expire depending on their value (see here and here). 

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @2001harinderpal,

Welcome to the community!

It is possible to migrate from prepaid to postpaid you will need to contact customer service or visit a store and they can help you.

Things to Know

• A credit check will need to be performed.
  • Your first invoice might be prorated depending on the bill cycle youā€™re given upon activating your monthly account.
  • Your account balance will be transferred from your prepaid account to your monthly service
  • Any messages in your voicemail will be automatically erased.
  • If you have a by-the-month prepaid plan at the time of the switch:
    • Unused minutes, text, and data will be lost.
    • You will not be refunded the monthly service fee for partial cycles.