cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for lack of service during the Ice Storm in Montreal's West Island?

poing-mobile
I'm a participant level 2

During the recent Ice-Storm, Fido and other carriers experienced unavailable and spotty service, especially in the West Island of Montreal for four days. Even though Fido claims the outage only lasted one day, four days long, we could not make calls; callers went straight to voicemail instead of ringing through to our phones, and mobile data only worked sporadically.

I appreciate the offer of refunding data overages and data add-ons, but this does not compensate us for the services not provided and seems somewhat odd, considering the service wasn't even available. What is the service level agreement for our service?

I've contacted Fido support about this before but have been unable to attain a proper resolution. I don't want to switch after 20+ years with Fido and bringing my son recently onto their services, but I'm having a hard time with this lack of proper response.

3 REPLIES 3

poing-mobile

@FidoValerie, thank you for responding. Crediting overages has limited usefulness, especially considering that the services were unusable. It borders on a joke in our case, to be honest.

FYI - all your competitors have given us credit for the outage (which isn't very high since it's just a per-day fee based on the monthly fee), but at least they have done so.

Can you confirm when the highlighted item was added to the terms and conditions?

Do you not have backup power for your base stations?

Hey again @poing-mobile 

You can find all the details of our terms and conditions on this page.

What's important to note, is that we proactively adjusted any data overages for customers affected by the storm. That said, we understand that our customers may have been impacted in different ways and you can contact us on these channels so we can review the situation together.

FidoValerie

Hey @poing-mobile Smiley

Welcome to the Community! 

We're sorry to hear that your services were impacted by the recent ice storm, as we understand how important it is to stay in touch with family and friends.

That said, in the case of such an event, our services unfortunately can't be guaranteed.

This is outline in our terms and conditions as follows: 

Are there any warranties on the Services? 
The Services that Fido provides may be impacted by factors beyond Fido’s reasonable control. 
For this reason, you acknowledge and understand that the Services or access to the Services, including 9-1-1, public alerts or accessibility services, may not function correctly or at all in the following circumstances: 
i. if your Equipment fails, is not configured correctly or does not meet Fido’s requirements; 
ii. if you install certain third party applications on your Equipment; 
iii. in the event of a network outage or power failure
iv. if you tamper with or, in some cases, move the Equipment; 
or v. following suspension or cancellation of your Services or account.

That being said, we definitely want to help as much as possible whenever you can, which is why we offered to waive the data overages for impacted customers, in this case.

If you have any questions or need further help with your account, don't hesitate to reach out to customer service