cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re activating Services

Geebskii
I'm a contributor level 1

I have fallen behind on my payements as a result of loss of employments back in November 2019.  My services has been suspended and yet I have been billed the monthly rates even though i couldnt use mobile even though i am not on contract.   I have been with Fido sinve 2008 or 2009.

I have started a new position on April 27 and I have my account reinstated.   Is there a way I can get a credit for the months I was billed after the supension 

Thanking you in advance 

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Geebskii,

Welcome to the community!

Congratulations on your new employment position.

Unfortunately, even though your account was suspended for non-payment your monthly service will continue to be billed.

monthly charges after suspension.jpg

Taken from section 4d of the terms and conditions here.

Geebskii

I dont think that fair considering i am not on a contract nor able to use able to use the mobile while still paying $50+ a month.  Thats almost $200+ for nothing  

Hello again @Geebskii,

I totally understand where you are coming from, unfortunately, these are the terms of service whether it is a contract or not we agree to when getting service. This is common practice across all service provider, not just Fido.

Geebskii

I have contact the credit department and I was able to get a relief and restore my services 

i do know the terms.   Please remember I have been a Fido for more than 10 years. I was hoping to get some options.  Why weren’t you able to offer me something like your associate in the credit department 

Anyway I had to make a few calls around and finally I was able to find someone who understood my situation and made me feel like a valued customer 

Thank you for your time 

Hey @Geebskii,

I'd like to start off by thanking you for your continued loyalty. We're happy to have you with us! 

Keep in mind, only our credit operations department can approve these types of requests which is why some departments were not able to help you. With that said, I'm glad to hear the situation was taken care of. 

If you have any other general questions or account-specific questions moving forward feel free to reach out to us here and we'll be happy to help you.