Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about plan details

alwaqfi
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

I decided to post here after I gave up on live chat and phone call as waiting time is exceeded 1h.

I have couple of questions, which I hope to get a reply for.

(1) (Upgrade Plan) Did Fido stop offereing Unlimited Canada Wide Minutes (no cap)? Because when I look at full details I see for "Unlimited Canada min" as it seems it is not ulimited as it says?

"3. Calls from Canada to Canadian numbers only, billed by the minute. Additional minutes: 50¢/min (Call Forwarding: 20¢/min)."

(2) (Upgrade my Device) If I want to get a new phone, I have to pick a plan. Would this plan replace my current plan? or would it be a new/different plan?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Alwaqfi,

Welcome to the community!

You're not the only one who caught the different wording (see here). I think Fido is in the midst of re-wording on the website to alleviate any confusion regarding evenings and weekends as I do not see that mentioned anymore. That said, as mentioned in that other thread: Any plan which includes Unlimited Canada minutes would offer you unlimited Canada-wide calling anytime.

You should note that Fido switched from their subsidised plans to a financed Payment Program. With the old subsidised plans, the cost of devices was incorporated into the plan costs (ie Large, Medium, etc). On the other hand, with the new model, the cost of devices is separate from the plan costs. Unfortunately, if your plan is an older subsidised or BYOP plan, it may not be compatible with the new payment program. You might consider contacting customer service to see if your current plan is compatible or not. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers