cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Account Suspension / Pause with living abroad part-time

jsdd
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I recently bought a 45$/month Canada-wide plan (just the SIM, I already owned the iPhone), but I live most of the time in EU now. I would be coming back intermittently throughout the next year(s) to Canada, for 2 week - 2 month periods. The salesperson at Bestbuy who sold me this plan said 'pausing' the time I am away may be possible, or I could possibly reduce my plan to the lowest amount possible (10-15$/month) and just continue paying it while not in Canada to keep it active. I would of course like to avoid the free cancelling of the plan after these first 3 months (which is the plan policy) and keep this as my number, as it would be annoying to change numbers each time. I would also like to avoid having to pay the one-time activation fee again, of course. 

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @jsdd,

Welcome to the community!

You can definitely do a temporary suspension or change your plan to a lower one once you do a plan change and if the old plan is no longer available you will not be able to get it back.

A few things to note:

You need to have been with Fido for a minimum of one month and must not be in a contract.
The suspension and the monthly suspension fees will take effect on the last day of your current billing cycle.
You will have to pay for it up-front unless you have a pre-authorized payment setup.

Hey @jsdd,

Just to add a little to KAPABLE-K's response. I want to clarify that you can only add a temporary suspension by speaking directly with customer service as it isn't something that can be done through our self-serve options.    

You can reach out to us through one of the available options found on our Contact Us page when you're ready to set-up the suspension.