cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo for ZTE Grandxview Tab

Kitana1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi! So I got this Zte grand x view tablet as a promotion yesterday.  It came with a SIM card.

Does anyone know if I can send and receive text messages and how to set it up?  I tried to send a text but it says "sending...." and then "not sent tap to try again". Which I did and it's still won't send.  Pls help im getting frustrated.😓

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Kitana1,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to send and receive text messages with that device and SIM. While the Tablet plans (data-only) used to allow for pay-per-use calling and texting, that functionality was removed (see here). Those plans technically include incoming text messaging, however, that is only to prevent getting charged for incoming messages. Only messages from Fido (ie notifications) would be received.

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hi there @Kitana1 welcome to the community. To use your tablet on the fido network, you have to activate the sim card online and buy a monthly tablet plan. You can definitely use it as a tablet without activating the sim card, but to use it with mobile data a data plan is required. Hope that clears it up for you. cheers