cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem sending mail after update

boyoke
I'm a participant level 3

I have an iphone 4s. After doing the update, I can no longer reply / send to emails from one of my email accounts. Yahoo is okay. When I try to reply to a message, a box comes up saying " "Cannot Send Mail." The connection to the outgoing server "fido.internet.ca" failed. Additional outgoing Mail servers can be configured in Settings Mail Contacts Calendars. HELP!!

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi there!

Try using our outgoing STMTP server: gprs.fido.ca  it should do the trick!

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

Cliquez sur l'image du pouce en l'air description of the photo pour signifier votre appréciation d'un message ou d'un autre membre de la communauté.

Et n'oubliez pas de cliquer Accepté comme une solution dans les options du menu déroulant, lorsque vous aurez obtenu la réponse que vous recherchiez ; cela renforcera notre communauté.

boyoke

I went to the Fido Kiosk today, and the fellows there tried to be helpful, but the problem isn't solved. Now a box comes up to say "A copy has been placed in your outbox. The recipient "client @ xxxx.ca" was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying."  This is after changing to fido SMTP Server  as "other SMTP Servers".-Host Name gprs.fido.ca

That's really odd, the gprs.fido.cca outgoing server is working perfectly.

Looks like whatever email account you are using is glitched.