cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem making/receiving calls. Interent & text works fine.

HF36
I'm a participant level 2

Hi dear,

I'm experiencing problem making & receiving calls suddenly since this morning.

Interent and text is working fone.

Not sure but I think problem happened since this morning when I received a note that said WiFi calling is available amd it prompt to its settings.

6 REPLIES 6

lostmytoy
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

My wife's phone has the same problem but I don't think she installed any beta software. How do you check if the beta is installed? After uninstall, how do I know that it is the correct version? What is the version that will work with phone call? Thanks

Hey @lostmytoy

You can find more information in the updated solution on this thread.

Hope this helps! 

Hi again @HF36 , I just noticed that others are having the same problem. I just read this notice:

SOLVED BY Original_Lucy_0-1630250020053.png

Hey everyone, 

We are aware that customers who installed the beta version of the Google mobile application software and are using a LG G7 device with the model number LM-G710AWM;15 are unable to make or receive phone calls on their LG G7 devices.

We're working on a permanent fix as fast as we can!

To fix this temporarily, please perform the following steps on your phone if you haven’t already:

1. Open Play Store > Search for Google > select GOOGLE > select UNINSTALL.

2. Then, in the top right-hand corner, select the 3 dots and deselect auto-update. Please do not update the app.

We will send everyone another message once a permanent fix is available!

Thank you all for your patience! 

HF36

Solved. Thanks. Waiting for permanent solution.

Hello @HF36 , sorry to hear your phone stopped making and receiving phone calls. You say it worked before receiving the wifi calling notification. Did you go ahead and activate the wifi calling feature? If so, did you set your defaults to wifi calls only, or cellular preferred if network is available? Did you try turning wifi calling off in your phone app and restart to see if it connects again to the cellular network? Let us know if turning wifi calling off or completing the set up corrected the problem. cheers

Wifi calling is an awesome feature if you are in an underserved cellular area, like at home or cottage with weak signal. I do use it all the time at home and find it very useful. Hope you get it working quickly.

HF36

Thank you!