Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid voucher validity

juliab1
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi Fido,

Last week I went to the Fido Store in Montreal, because I need a prepaid phone card. I just want one for emergency, so that I can call my family in the netherlands.

So they gave me a prepaid phone card (10 dollars for the card and 30 dollars amound plus tax). I asked him if I had to pay that amound each month, he said; 'no it is just once'. So I thought that I could use the 30 dollar amound for the couple of months. After I came home, I told my roommates, and they said that that is not true and that I have to pay each month. But that is not what I want and that is not what I asked for.

So I went back the next day and I told another guy (because the guy of the day before was not there) that they made a mistake or there was a misunderstanding, because they told me the wrong thing. He said sorry, but he could not cancel it.

My next step: I talked with fido on facebook and they told me that they could not give my money back so that I had to go back to the store again. So the day I went back to the store, told them my story again and they still could not do anything.

So now I am a little bit angry and I feel scammed. I am a dutch student who is learning english and because of a misunderstanding I have paid for something that I will not use! I really sad and just want my money back. If you can't give it to me, can you give a letter that store need to give my money back or something like that.

Kind regards, Julia

1 REPLY 1

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey juliab1!

I'm sad to hear about the misunderstand that took place in store. That definitely not the way that we want any of our customers to feel!  

It is true that you do not need to refill your account every month if you do not wish to, however, if you do not refill your account, any remaining balance will expire after 30 days. When you refill your account, any balance that you have will carry over to the next month.  

You can check out all the details about our prepaid service here

As much as we would like to, prepaid airtime is not refunable, so, sadly, we do not have a way to refund the voucher that you purchased.