Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid to "Basic" monthly plan

Christie_Ivan
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello there,

We would like to inquire about switching from Prepaid to the Basic monthly plan, because we just need a little bit of data usage for some period of time.

We figure the least expensive way is the Basic plan that includes 100 outgoing mins, unlimited incoming, and 250MB data. Could you please advise if we can switch from our Prepaid account to the Basic plan?

Also, looks like the Basic plan doesn't include Texts at all? So it would be counted as a "pay-per-text" kind of charges?

Please and thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Christie_Ivan,

As far as I am aware, you should be able to migrate from a pre-paid to a post-paid account. The migration can only be done by contacting customer service to have them switch your plan types (see here). In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. 

You should note there would be a migration fee required which would be applied to your next post-paid bill. You should note that if you chose to switch back to pre-paid after that period of time, you would likely incur an additional migration fee.

@Christie_Ivan wrote:...Also, looks like the Basic plan doesn't include Texts at all? So it would be counted as a "pay-per-text" kind of charges?...

The Plan Features for the Basic plans state: Unlimited Canada-wide text, picture and video messaging (see here)

You should also note that the Basic Plans only offer data at 3G speeds. As far as I am aware, the pre-paid plans have access to data at LTE speeds (when available).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers