cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prepaid Account balance wiped out

Stanley_Ng
I'm a participant level 2

I've got a text message on June 2022 from Fido "Hi, it's Fido. Online support including top up or plan changes for your Prepaid Account is no longer available.  We Apologize for the inconvenience. (you can manage your account by .... )

I know I still have 110 $ in my prepaid account that don't expire until Oct 2022, as I don't use this phone, other than to keep it for emergencies.  The fido store people can't help me, they say the phone number I give them is now a Roger's number.  I tried getting someone on phone, waited over 30 minutes on two calls (so over 1hr lost) and got No one (don't know if I'm disconnected or got hung up).  I went to my pre-paid account on the internet, it won't let me fill up.  So do I have to go to Rogers to sort this out?  But if it's a roger's number why is that I can call my account on the phone and have prepaid options it's selling me, do I risk buying a 15$ plan to see if I can recover my 110$.  And why was my plan shutdown in the first place?  

4 REPLIES 4

Stanley_Ng

Looks like I found another post with the same exact problem and it's from June, https://forums.fido.ca/t5/General-Support/Prepaid-account-usage/m-p/191673#M67272 .... I to cannot see my usage history, all I get is an Error, I know I don't use the phone, but I do know that the 911 service fee would show up as a monthly charge, that is when the system use to work/showed it. 

Hi there @Stanley_Ng , wow, sorry to hear that you cannot find your prepaid information. Have you tried calling *611 from your device to speak with an account representative?  That's definitely a question only customer service can help you with. I would also like to suggest that you try reaching out to fidosolutions on Twitter and have someone there help you out with finding a solution to your needs. Hoping you are able to get a resolution 

Stanley_Ng

Yeah I've tried calling them twice today (at a fido store, they were kind enough to let me use their phone), waited over 30 minutes eachtime, don't know if they hung up or never got through.  I've tried calling from the device but it says "emergency calls only"  ... I have to find an access to another landline.  

Hello @Stanley_Ng,

Have you managed to have this sorted out? You can reach our prepaid team at this number: 1-888-482-3436