cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a phone number steps

mike56
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Can someone please list the steps necessary to port a phone number to Fido?

On line if possible...

3 REPLIES 3

Neel_Darji
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello All,

I got my service transferred from Rogers to Fido on 26th November, 2020 at 5:52 PM. I received message to approve port request and typed YES. After 3 hours, I got message that my port in request could not be completed as I have not typed YES and sent confirmation even though I did in 30 seconds and right now my port in number is not working, Not getting any calls. Please let me know why this mess up has happened and what should I do.

Hey @Neel_Darji!   

Welcome to Community Smiley  

We want to have everything up and running for you. Let me send you a PM to look into this.   

Talk soon!

afterthefact
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

HI @mike56 unfortunately you can't complete a Port In request online for an existing subscription.

The steps are straightforward though - key is not to cancel the service with the number you wish to port in.

Go to www.fido.ca/contactus and reach out to us in any of the ways listed.  One of our reps will collect all the necessary information from you and we'll handle the transaction from end to end.  Once it's complete the old service will automatically be cancelled (again, very important you don't manually cancel the service).