cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port number

Srisrinis
I'm a participant level 2

I am not able to reach customer service through *611 or 1888 481 3436 numbers. I would like to port my existing Bell phone number to Fido. I've now received the phone and SIM Card which is activated in Fido. 

Can someone help to which helpdesk number to contact to port my number?

Regards

Srini

5 REPLIES 5

johannamantilla
I'm a participant level 1

Did you have to activate de sim card first?

Hello Johannamantilla,

Welcome to the community!

In order to port a phone number from another provider, you will need an active line with Fido so you would need to activate your SIM card first. When you activate your SIM, you will be provided with a temporary phone number (see here). Once activated, you could then contact customer service to request the phone number port from your previous provider.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

rzimka

Impossible to get ahold of anyone or figure out online how to port a number over!

Hello Rzimka,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues contacting customer service. Are you attempting to port your number to Fido or to another provider? Your desired provider will need to request the port-over from your current provider. If you are wishing to port your number to Fido, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Additional information regarding porting your number can be found here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Srisrinis

Able to contact the customer service and ported my number Smiley