cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal or no signal in or out my house or on the road

snoopy_6
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I'm having touble getting signal anywhere I go from or to. I even purchase an iphone 11 pro max and a samsung galaxy note 10+ just to solve my problem. Both phones can't even get good signals. I also had my sim card replaced.  Can't seem to get any connections, if i do get connections, it would say roaming. I'm also on a Monthly plan for bring my own device and have been with fido for many years. I live in Kanata sometime stay in Carleton Place.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Snoopy_6,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with poor signal. From what you describe, it sounds like you live in an area which isn't covered very well by the Fido/Rogers cellular towers anymore. Coverage depends, in part, on your location relative to the cellular towers.

Kanata.jpg~taken from here.

I understand you have been a Fido customer for many years. In addition to distance from cellular towers, there are many other factors which can affect cellular reception, including signal interference. Were there any buildings constructed between your location and the cellular towers?

You also noted that when your phone does get a connection, it might say roaming. That would likely be due to extended coverage usage (Fido-EXT). The cellular towers for the different mobile providers are not always located in the same place. It's possible that your location now receives better signal from the other cellular towers. You should note that extended coverage usage is meant on a temporary basis. Excess usage may result in the service getting blocked.

Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to improve your signal. If you do receive some signal outside of your home, you might consider a signal booster. However, if the signal is too weak outside, there may not be enough signal to boost.

You might consider contacting customer service to see if there are any issues at your local cellular tower(s). Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers