cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans for foreign workers in Canada ( w/valid work permit)

Deezy21
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Sadly Got refused in getting my preordered iPhone in-store yesterday. As they don’t take the Ontario  OhiP health card. Nor my US drivers license as an ID. I’ve been with Fido for 5years. And signed up for a phone plan with Fido as a non Canadian since 2014 Sad my question is, Can I use my work permit that’s governed by Canada as an ID. ?! ( matches my passport number from my US passport on the Canadian work permit itself.

Reading a few forums on here  ( plans for students) stated that you do accept it work permits and Also (this is just me upgrading to a new phone and renewed contract). Please advise. Otherwise, me reserving a phone & not able to obtained it, is beyond me as a loyal costumer for years that is not Canadian. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoVanessa

Hey @Deezy21

Here is a list of accepted IDs:

• Driver’s License
  • Canadian Passport
  • Provincial ID or Age of Majority Card
  • Citizenship Card
  • Native Status Card
  • Senior Citizens Card
  • Armed Forces ID

Provincial Health Care cards can't be used as photo ID, because of provincial regulations which limit their use to health care purposes.

Customers who are temporarily living in Canada with a work or study visa can use the following IDs for in-store activations:

• Study Permit: Fido Internet and Wireless customers
  • Work Permit: Wireless customers
  • Foreign Passport
  • The foreign passport must match the passport number listed on the permit.

These IDs (permit and passport) must always be used together.

To answer your question, you should be able to use your work permit with your passport. Smiley