Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures will not send via TEXT

Karmageddon420
I'm a participant level 1

Hi guys!

I have a pay-as-you-go plan with a data plan added on. I have plenty of data left to send texts and pictures. But since I re-upped my plan, I can no longer send pictures to ANYONE. I always get a message failed after the sending bar goes half way.

I have an iPhone 4S.

Please advise as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

mjakeishan28
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have the same issues as you. 
Can someone explain to us what's going on? I actually can use it before I upgrade my plan.

Please let us know what things we need to do.

Hey @mjakeishan28, welcome to the community, Alex here. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with sending multimedia messages. 

The important thing to know is that multimedia messages require an internet connection, but they do not use the data included in your plan. In other words, you need to make sure that your mobile data is turned on in your device settings. 

If you're still getting an error message after this, please get in touch with our customer service and we'll be happy to help. You can contact us through any of the channels here

FidoStephane

Picture messages don't use data, they use up your balance. Even though access to data is required, each picture message is deducted from your balance, not your data service. If you have no balance left, you cannot send a picture message.

dhruvgpatel

so when you advertise it as unlimited picture messaging, it is misleading?

I get an invoice after a month. Which balance does it deduct from? 

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@dhruvgpatel wrote:

so when you advertise it as unlimited picture messaging, it is misleading?

I get an invoice after a month. Which balance does it deduct from? 

Hi dhruvgpatel,

If you have a plan with unlimited picture messaging then you would not be charged for data or picture messages. As Stephane mentioned, you need to have access to the internet in order to send / receive an MMS, but you do not incur charges for this. On a prepaid plan, each message would be on a pay per use basis at $0.50 per message sent to a Canadian wireless number, or $0.75 for an MMS sent to a number outside of Canada. In order for them to send successfully, your phone needs to have access to the internet. 

I hope this helps.