cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone upgrade - waiting for shipping, cannot cancel

WCLemon
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Ordered a new Pixel 4a, since my old phone completed died.

Was told the phone will be delivered within 5 days, and a tracking number will be provided soon.

Received the purchased confirmation the next day but still waiting for the shipping details.

Called 3 times for an update.  The first rep hung up on me.  Then I was told they are getting ready to ship the phone from the warehouse, but maybe another week even though it is not on backorder.  Requested to cancel the order, as I need a phone now for work.  Was told I should be able to cancel, however, when I mentioned Costco has a discount on the phone all of a sudden the rep said I cannot cancel my order.

So I am expected to wait without a phone for 2-3 weeks, while Fido has no problem billing me on the first day of my purchase?  It takes less than 3 days for me to get another phone shipped here from Asia on standard shipping, but weeks within the GTA?  I do not understand what is the holdup with Fido.  Do they enjoy charging me for their non-service?  Is this how it treats a customer who has only been with them ever since his first phone as a kid?  This my first time buying a phone from them.  Now I feel stupid recommending them to my friends all these years.  I suppose I was delusional.  I am only one dispensible customer out of the millions after all.

1 REPLY 1

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @WCLemon

I am sorry to see you've this kind of experience with your current phone and also about the delays with your new order. We're always working hard to get all our customers their orders as quickly as we can! It happens to be the busiest season for these kinds of orders at the moment and there have been some additional shipping delays with all of the current circumstances. That being said, we definitely want to do everything we can to keep you up to date with the most recent and accurate information on our end. The most recent info would usually be shared directly to your email address that we have on file. 

If you would like to cancel an order though, we would have to take another closer look into your account to see the exact status of the current order. We can check this out with you if you contact us through one of the available channels found here

We can also send you a PM here on the Community if you would prefer. Let us know!