cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number wasn’t transferred

piligrim
I'm a participant level 2

I added new line to my account and asked to transfer number from previous provider. It's already been more then week, my phone still with temporary number and I can't get to costumer support. They never answer. 
Very disappointed with Fido service 

5 REPLIES 5

piligrim

I got requested from previous provider and confirmed it. This was week ago. My number still not working 

Hey @piligrim,

Thank you for the details. Were you able to contact us about this?

If you still need help, please feel free to message us @FidoSolutions and we'd be happy to look into it with you. 

piligrim

Your link take me to Fido veb site. It doesn't help me .. 

what is @FidoSolutions?

It's a direct message to us on the Community! I'll send you one shortly. Smiley

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @piligrim,

Welcome to the community!

When porting your phone number you have to ensure the number is still active at the other provider. If you cancel the line the port will not go through.

When the porting process is initiated the other provider will send you a text message to the number you want to port over, you will have a set amount of time to confirm usually 90 minutes. If you do not confirm the porting process will fail and you will have to contact customer service and start the process over again.

I understand you said you are not getting through to customer service, in my experience I've always gotten through. Fido does have other methods of contact, you can find them here.