cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is hacked

Butterfly6041
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

My mother recieved texts not from me but from my number. 
They asked why she was calling and texting.

Then a man called her and was being rude and said that he took over my phone number 4 months ago.

I called Fido 2 times. One time the gentleman said he'll call me back and didn't.

I called again and the woman said Fido cannot help and to "let it pass". She confirmed she did not see me put any calls in at that time, however, my mothers phone shows that my number called her and the texts she received that were not from me do not show up on my side when I look at my convo thread.

I was told a supervisor may or may not call me. They don't like dealing with these types of things and that Fido is not responsible for hacking issues.

I'm worried this is happening to more Fido users and nothing is being done!

Been with Fido since 2004 and this is the response I get. 

I have screen shots, I have proof that no one was on my phone yesterday evening (5 witnesses) and no one ever had my phone number before. 

If I don't hear back, I'll change providers. My security, information and personal safety compromised. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoValerie

Hey @Butterfly6041

Welcome to the Community. Smiley

I totally understand that you're concerned about the safety of your personal information. Rest assured this is very important to us as well!

However, this is quite a strange situation as someone would need to have your SIM card in hand in order to have access to your line.

Caller ID spoofing is a possibility, although this is usually only the case for calls and not text messages!
The good news is that this doesn't allow the person spoofing your number to have access to any of your personal information.

You've mentioned you already discussed this with Fido customer service, but did you get the chance to speak with our Tech Support team about it as well?