cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Upgrade without Plan Change

Hilz13
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I was wondering since my 2 yr contract with my existing Huawei P20 Pro from Fido is about to be complete. I was thinking of upgrading to a newer phone but can't seem to find an option to retain my plan unless it's not feasible already or is there any possibility of doing so?

The only option that shows me is to upgrade the phone but I have to choose a new plan which has less data and more pricy of what I'm currently getting. Should going to a Fido store be a better idea instead of doing it online?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Hilz13,

Welcome to the community!

Since your contract is almost completed, it's likely your agreement was subsidised. That is, the cost of devices was incorporated into the plan costs (ie Large, Medium, etc). You should note that Fido switched from their subsidised plans to a financed Payment Program. With the new model, the cost of devices is separate from the plan costs. Unfortnately, some of the old subsidised plans are not compatible with the new financed model. If you wished to keep your current plan, you would need to purchase your new device outright. If you wished to finance the device, it looks like you will need to switch to a new financed plan.

If you do decide to upgrade your device and plan, doing so online would save you the Setup Service Fee.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers