cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Delivery via QMS

Fido_99_
I'm a participant level 3

I ordered a new phone on July 15. The next day I received an odd looking text, which I later found out was from the delivery company QMS. I guess it was a tracking number, but there was no mention of Fido so I thought it was spam. Anyway, apparently they attempted to deliver my phone to my home twice. I only received one "Sorry we missed you" note. 5 business days went by, and when I contacted QMS they said my phone had been sent back to Fido. I was not impressed. This morning I received an email from Fido with a new tracking number (I didn't receive this email the first time). I contacted QMS to see if they could deliver my phone after 5PM, but they said the delivery driver wouldn't be in my area at that time. I then gave them my work address. They said I had to contact Fido to get my shipping address changed. I was not impressed. So now it's been 10 working days since I ordered my phone and I still don't have it.

Why does Fido use QMS? I've never had an issue like this when I ordered new phones in the past. If I wasn't home I could pick up my phone that day or the next day at the post office. I shouldn't have to wait until a driver is "in my area" to receive my new phone. The Fido website says I should receive my phone within 2 business days, and it's shipped by UPS. Neither of these things is true.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone from Fido shed some light on this. It's incredible frustrating.

6 REPLIES 6

Marcus00187
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am having this problem right now with Purolator. So they tried to deliver my phone yesterday but when I check the tracking number it comes up address not complete. I called fido and they made a ticket. They said they would be calling Purolator to have the apartment number updated still has not been changed or updated. I swear on everything Holy FIDO don't give 2 **bleep**s for its customers as long as they pay the bill that's all they care about. But I'm going to be calling once I do receive my phone and demanding bill credits this is absolutely disgusting fido. Also I am very popular on social media I will be posting there as well as I have had it with this dysfunctional company

Hey @Marcus00187,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sad to read that your experience wasn't a positive one, it's really not what we want for our customers Sad

I understand how important it is for you to receive your device as fast as possible, however, it's good to know  that there can be a slight delay for the address to be updated on Purolator's side once we make the actual request. We definitely wouldn't want to see you go because of this and I assure you we care about our customers and the service we provide them with. 

I'll send you a PM to take a closer look at your account, keep an eye on your inbox.

FidoFrancois
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello @Fido_99_

What you're describing is certainly not the experience we aim for! 

We do use multiple courier for delivery such as UPS, QSM, Purolator and Canada Post. And it is indeed correct that you must contact us to change your delivery address. This is to avoid fraud. 

To clarify, did the notice from QMS left at your door include a tracking number or a date of their next delivery attempt? When you contacted them, did they tell you the approximate time that they would deliver your package? 

Fido_99_

The delivery notice included a tracking number and the time they attempted the delivery. It did not include the date of their next delivery attempt.

When I contacted them they said that no drivers were going to be in my area after work hours. 

Fido_99_

It would be fine if I had the option to pick it up somewhere like with Canada Post, UPS and Purolator. But QMS doesn't have that option. 

We'll be sending you a PM to review this with you. Please keep an eye on your inbox.